Monday, March 31, 2008

1.29.08

Happy almost end of January, everyone. Here I sit at a new desk, with new people and duties and noises and atmosphere. It’s a good change. It was a good decision. On everybody’s part. The cubes are smaller and not as private, you can hear everything everyone is doing. There’s really no where to go and grab a bite to eat. This is good, because now I’ll be better about bringing lunch. Not that I eat lunch these days. It’s more like a yogurt or some fruit or a bagel. I have nice ‘neighbors’ and work with mainly women. My boss is very nice. Tough, but nice. She needs her things done NOW and expects tasks finished when she wants them. I must be doing well because she tells me she is glad I am here. I also like that if a make a mistake she tells me about it and we fix the problem. Plus, she’s very pleasant to talk to and has a good sense of humor. I like the tasks I am assigned. I enjoy working with the Visio program and creating flowcharts and also I helped put together an Encounter Form – something the doctor’s use when they meet with a patient and can circle diagnosis or treatment info. I have a broken printer and phone cord, but I’m still having fun. I am so excited to be working for a company I really like and respect. My little “Brigham & Women’s” id badge makes me smile.

We are headed to Orlando next Wednesday. It will be fun to visit Dan and Kristen as well as that Mickey Mouse guy. Oh and Dan has a new puppy named Fenway Parker. Hee hee. It will be a much needed vacation and this week it’s in the 70’s there. Maybe it will stay. Cass seems psyched to meet Mickey and all those Disney peeps. I am looking forward to the Buzz Lightyear ride so I can shoot ZURG again. And fireworks, and parades. I need a dose of Disney.

So my father and stepmom are having a memorial Mass for Bill on Long Island on February 23rd. I have had a lot of people ask about something like this and if you can make it, you are welcome. If you just want to pay respects, if you’re a friend we have not seen in ages or if you just want to stop by and say hello, you are welcome. We’ll be having a dinner thingy afterwards. If you are interested in coming, just comment and I’ll email the details out. I’d post it but we have an issue with someone causing so trouble recently.

Well, back to work for me. Lunch is over.
Love and cheese sammiches,
Jenne

No comments: